Sundays @ 8:45am to 9:45am beginning June 8th
Peace @ Monroe
Taught by Dr. Robin J. Dugall
Beginning on Sunday, June 8th @ 8:45am to 9:45am on Sunday mornings, Robin will teach a series of 10 sessions on HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE. Robin has been a biblical studies professor for the past 7 years teaching at Azusa Pacific University, Concordia University and Trinity Lutheran College. In addition, he teaches courses for the Mission Training Center of the Lutheran denomination.
This course is an introduction to the interpretation of the bible and will specifically train YOU to understand the bible in a deeper, more relevant and more practical manner.
After this course, you should be able to:
1. Recognize literary genres of the biblical text
2. Apply principles of detailed observation to a verse, paragraph, etc.
3. Determine word meanings within texts
4. Be able to access original language resources
5. Explain the role of the Holy Spirit in interpreting the bible
6. Understand the differences between translations of the bible
7. Understand the sources that led to the organization of the bible
8. Understand the role of context and historical background
9. Have FUN!
10. And recognize YOURSELF as a faithful and growing disciple handling and understanding God's Word.
Make sure you bring a BIBLE and a pencil for your study time. If you have a laptop computer that would be useful to you as well.
YOU DON'T NEED TO REGISTER OR ENROLL…just come on Sunday, June 8th and be ready to join the journey!
Remember, the course, "HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE" begins on Sunday, June 8th @ Peace in Monroe
(202 Dickinson St, Monroe)
firstname.lastname@example.org (email me if you plan to attend)