A brother in the Lord by the name of Roger Thoman recently wrote an article for the Simple/House Church website that is insightful on some of the issues that any traditional “church” faces when transitions are “in the wind”. These stages are theological, biblical and “heart checks” that must be navigated for real transformation to occur. I think his list is helpful…if you want to see the entire article, click HERE.
1. Letting go of old paradigms of church life.
2. Exploring New Testament gatherings.
3. Re-boot to Jesus.
4. A new missional heart and longing.
5. Fresh discovery of our own passions, spiritual gifts, and calling.
6. Integration of an organic, fruitful lifestyle with organic gatherings that support it.
7. Our kingdom influence spreads and even becomes reproductive in its impact.